Welcome, Guest
November 13, 2019, 07:09:12 PM
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: New Client and Installer Package!!!  (Read 191 times)

Bane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New Client and Installer Package!!!
« on: July 07, 2019, 01:36:05 AM »

While we don't have a set date on this yet, it will be coming in the near future.

After this is released we will no longer be supporting the old methods of patching. This means that "Everyone" will need to switch to the new client install! The worst part of this transition will be the download, as it is a full install package.

When you run the installer, it will be like any other program installer. On my computer it takes a few moments to launch after double clicking it. You will have to follow a few prompts and then it will install our client with all the files you need to play here. I recommend for ease of later patches, that you allow it to install where it prompts you too do so.

This will not interfere with any other installs of UO unlike the previous method.

Once everything is installed you will just need to redirect razor to the new client locations and you will be set.

With future patches, this means you will download an installer for the patch, that when it is run, it will install all the files into the correct folders for you as long as you didn't direct the original install to a different location.

It is pretty easy and almost fool proof. I've seen that some of the other servers out there do this, and I am hoping this will prompt new players to stick around, as I know many have had issues with having to patch the client themselves.

As a bonus, I have prepared 6 new mount animations that will be a part of the this new installer. I have also done a lot of the leg work to free up animation slots for some new mounts to be added later. Little Tree is also working on a few other art related things we would like to get in with this. Once everything is done, and the new client installer is available to everyone, I will code up the 6 new mounts and spawn them in the world.

After this our plan is to only do patches once every 6 months at the most. A lot of work goes into them so we are going to try and limit how often we do them. The rough plan is for December and June months to do this. The only time we will patch in-between these months will be for fixes that cannot wait.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but it will make a lot of things smoother. We will keep you posted on a release date for this, and when you will want to have made the transition by.

Bane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New Client and Installer Package!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 01:23:44 AM »

We are looking to release this on one of the following dates, July 14th, 15th, 20th or 21st. After we release this I will give people a week before I release any of the new stuff, to allow players some time to get updated sense it is a big one. Which will also give me time to code up the new custom mounts. Which I will post a preview of on discord at some point.

Bane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New Client and Installer Package!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 09:33:45 PM »

So we have nailed down a for sure date on the release of the New Installer. We will release it on July 21st. We will want everyone to download this by July 28th. I will start spawning the new mounts on the 28th. I will be making 22 new mounts using the 6 new custom mount bodies.