Welcome, Guest
November 13, 2019, 07:45:04 PM
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Loot Chests and Slayers  (Read 112 times)

Bane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Loot Chests and Slayers
« on: August 30, 2019, 11:17:36 PM »

As some of you know, we have been working on a method to make looting easier for everyone. This is an incredibly difficult task to accomplish but the project moves forward. It involves editing all the files of every mob. Seeing as this has to be done we've decided to fix the slayers as well so that all the custom mobs are somehow included in the different slayer types. In order to make adding future mobs to the slayer list easier I came up with the idea of changing basecreature types. Every mob routes through a file called BaseCreature. So I came up with several extensions to the basecreature file to run all the custom mobs and future mobs through. these extensions will be connected to their corresponding slayer type. It also means I don't have to add over a thousand different mob types to the slayer types. just the extensions will have to be added. if that makes sense. the down side to all this means some pets will be lost. Mounts and Status pets for example will not be effected by this. Dragon pets however will be effected by this as well as a few others.

So with the Loot Chests, they will be handling gold, gems, reagents, relics, most artifacts, and chance token drops. There will be many types of loot chests. there will be standard loot chests and bonus loot chests. they will not be handling any of the equipment type loot typically found on mobs. those will appear as they always have. The Loot Chests will not be containers but will look like a hued chest. so very easy to spot and easy to grab. Once in your pack, you will have to double click them to retrieve the loot from them which will be stacked somewhere in your main pack. Special items such as relics(action figures/stuffed animals) and temple artifacts will drop to the upper left corner of your main pack. everything else will unfortunately scatter about, but things like gems, reagents, and gold will automatically stack. the scatter is the price of it stacking when double clicking multiple loot chests. Loot Chests will also only weight 1 stone. Once double clicked the loot chest will disappear leaving only the loot.

As part of all this, the loot drops from the mobs will be balanced out. It will be harder to acquire gold. I am also making key dropping mobs a bit easier to get the key from as well.

To implement all this we will need to completely despawn everything prior to doing a server restart. It will take longer for the restart to happen as well. Once its back up we will have to respawn the world. this despawn and respawn of everything will effect quests, making any that you have impossible to complete. to fix this you will have to resign and retake the quest. If you have a quest chain you are working on, when you go to resign it will ask you if you want to resign from the chain, resign from the quest, or to cancel the resign. you do not want to resign the chain. Only the quest. Most quests chains can only be done once, so be sure you only resign from the quest and not the chain. resigning from the quest only will allow you to restart from where you left off.

We don't really know at this point when this project will be ready to be implemented. It Will be sooner then later, and I intend on doing so as soon as its ready. With this there will be a couple other things added in. These will be you being able to purchase all the standard reagents from either the mage, alchemist, or necromancers. currently some of them can not be purchased. We are also adding 66 new gem types as part of the loot, all of which you will be able to sell at the jeweler, or collect if that's what you want to do.

I apologize for any issues this will cause, but the benefits of the outcome will out weight the temporary set backs.

LittleTree

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Loot Chests and Slayers
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 04:09:31 PM »

We would like everyone to try to complete quests you have before you resign from the quests to retake them
following the above directions about resigning from quests.
Thank you!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 02:29:42 AM by Bane »