January 29, 2020, 04:52:02 AM
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: UOSteam  (Read 463 times)

Bane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
UOSteam
« on: October 30, 2019, 01:03:53 AM »

Those of you who have a working copy of UOS, and still have the installer of it could you email it to me at bane@thedarktides.com I would like to host it on the forum to see if the issues some people are having with it is some how related to the version of it.

Jesterhat

• View Profile
Re: UOSteam
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 01:58:49 PM »

I will check. But currently the working solution that has been suggested is to reboot your PC and immediately open UOS before your computer has fully booted up. This has worked for a few people, and apparently is a lasting solution. Id like to see if it works for others who are having issues.

Salem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 04:38:38 PM »

Another funny thing that was pointed out to me, and has helped on a few occasions....is that having discord open can sometimes cause uosteam to crash

Close discord, open uosteam and get into game then reopen discord

Salem

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 07:56:54 AM »

It appears that the best fix for the UoS issues has now been provided! I was reminded of the large address aware program by a friend
This program allows the client to use more 2gb of memory, and it seems to have solved my work computer problem!

Here is a link to where I downloaded it - https://www.moddb.com/downloads/large-address-aware1

Step 1 - find the client file
Step 2 - check box
Step 3 - save

Super easy :)