Welcome, Guest
November 13, 2019, 07:19:48 PM
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Lunar Temple  (Read 383 times)

Bane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Lunar Temple
« on: January 28, 2019, 05:19:33 PM »

I wanted to let everyone know, that once I finish my current project, I will be shutting down the lunar temple for a while. I will be adding to this and reworking the current mobs in the dungeon as well as the treasure chest spawns.

Bane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Lunar Temple
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 11:17:49 AM »

The Lunar Temple is now closed as of 2/23/2019 and wont reopen till its completion.

Bane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 08:20:49 PM »

I wanted to post an update on this project.

On the construction side of this project levels 4 and 5 are completely built. There will probably not be much deco at all in this dungeon as can be seen on levels 1 -3. I am currently building level 6 and I have yet to start level 7. Level 7 will probably be the last level.

I have begun picking the bodies the new mobs will be using on the new levels. I have also selected bodies for the new mobs that will be added to levels 1-3. I have 6 new mobs planned for each of the first 3 levels and at least 10 new mobs for levels 4-7. that's at least 58 new mobs planned for this project.

As those of you who have been in the lunar temple know, each level has a theme. This pattern will continue. These themes are all based on a type of stone.
Level 1 is jade
Level 2 is amethyst
level 3 is obsidian
level 4 is sapphire
level 5 is hiddenite
level 6 is sugilite
level 7 is hematite

As with the other levels there will be gear that one will be able to get from the mobs. how you get this gear may change on levels 1-3 but I haven't fully decided yet. I also have yet to decide fully on what the new gear will be.

Those of you who have been in the lunar temple also know that there are two quest givers in there. one on level 1 and one on level 3. What most of you don't know is that there used to be a third quest giver in there that was right inside the dungeon on level 1. His name was Chuck Finnly. He was part of the original quests to get status deeds before I created the Nine Devils quest chain. Chuck Finnly and the others that gave those quests were really made just to provide a method of gaining the deeds while tree and I worked on the server and tested it before going live. All that being said I am planning on bringing this quest giver back. I will be changing the quests he gives though. I am also considering adding addition quests and quest givers on some of the other levels. A lot of that is still in idea and planning stages.

The Lunar Temple was once one of the hardest dungeons, but as the world grew and the bar for equipment and mobs was raised with the elemental temple it became very clear to me that this project was something that would need to be done. the elemental temples act as a guide as for how hard things should be. The Lunar Temple was supposed to be one of the hardest dungeons and that will be the case again after I finish this project. It is easy to create your standard mobs. It is not easy to envision new challenges and abilities for mobs. It takes time to develop and test these things. It takes time to come up with new spawning patterns, new traps, and new puzzles. It takes time just to decide on what I actually want to do, and there is so much I want to do.

Bane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 10:13:05 PM »

I have decided to reopen the first 3 levels of the lunar temple as I am finished with them. It will be some time before the other 4 levels are done though. There is technically a small safe level between levels 3 and 4 that you can get into, but you cannot get to level 4. As I finish a level I will open it though.