Welcome, Guest
April 18, 2021, 04:26:13 AM
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: The Purpose of Daily Restart  (Read 123 times)

Bane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The Purpose of Daily Restart
« on: March 22, 2021, 12:01:59 PM »

In light of some information that was given to me last night I figured I'd post this information here.

Our Server Restart happens at 12 am US Central Standard Time every day. During the average 5 to 10 minutes we are offline, our server makes a backup of all the server files. This time as the server gets older may increase. However this is very important to us and is why we have done it since day one. We keep 5 days of backup files incase of emergency. On top of that my test server is up to date code wise. Plus we have a few other backups from before major changes in the life of this server. Server restart also serves to clear many internal items that build up over time. It helps maintain function.

So if anyone might be worried about a catastrophic failure of some kind, we do have backup, and plans in place to deal with those situation. Some better then others, but I am the sort of person who plans for worst case scenario. Also all major changes are tested on the test server before going on the live server.

Happy Adventuring and if you are new here, Welcome to the World! Welcome to the Dark Tides!