Welcome, Guest
September 21, 2021, 08:46:04 PM
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Website Updates!!!!  (Read 153 times)

Bane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Website Updates!!!!
« on: July 05, 2021, 03:44:23 PM »

I just uploaded 62 html files, 201 images, and the new client installer pack to the webhost. When visiting the website, you may need to refresh many pages due to cookies your computer saves. All the main site pages were redone, the main codex of lore page had some significant modifications done to it, and the dungeons section was redone. There is now information on 22 dungeons on the website including images of what their bonus loot chest looks like. Check it out when you have a chance.

https://www.thedarktides.com/

Also note that all the old download links for old versions of the client have been removed. If you had previously installed our version of classicuo with classic assist, I recommend downloading the newest version of it. There was an issue we discovered within the classicuo files on where it directs the streamed map updates to save, that was creating some of the map issues people were experiencing. I fixed the issue of where it saves those streamed map updates, which should solve most of those issues.

Those new to classicuo and our version of it, The installers for it by default will direct it to program files folder/The Dark Tides/The Dark Tides the older client we used that was built from the uo client was installed to program files/Dark Tides/Dark Tides. This was done to allow people to try out the classicuo version during the initial stages but not mess with the other install.

We encourage everyone to start thinking about switching over. There will be a learning curve for all of us with it, but it is a good change in the long run. What I can say is that if those of us that are good with working with these scripts for classic assist and the razor version share some of the scripts it will help others who are transitioning to the new client.

As far as future patches go, there will be at least a 6 month period before we do one or consider doing one. There is a lot of stuff I want to add, but it will take a lot of time to put it all together. We will not create patches for the older versions, since one of the things I want to do is add a few more mounts, and the old client will not allow for all the ones I want to add.